Who We Insure
Small Business Insurance for Photographers and Videographers

When you're a self-employed photographer or videographer, there's not much wiggle room in your budget — and when there is, you probably want to invest that extra back in your business. The last place you want that money to go is toward fending off a lawsuit or replacing equipment you've already spent so much on the first time around.

Luckily, the appropriate business insurance policies can ease these financial burdens. But because every business is different and no two photographers work quite the same way, your insurance needs might be different, too.

Our agents tailor your policies to your business's exact needs and exposures. To discover which policies we typically recommend and other resources, find your industry below:

Small Business Insurance as Unique as Your Business

There are as many business insurance policies as there are risks. That's why your coverage needs depend on the specifics of your work. Depending on what you do, you may need some or all of the following policies:

  • General Liability Insurance covers accidental injury to your clients and their property, as well as advertisement injuries (e.g., copyright infringement).
  • Property Insurance protects your cameras, lenses, studio, computer, and any other gear or space that your business owns while it's in your office or workshop.
  • Inland Marine Insurance is the specific type of Property Insurance that protects your equipment (including cameras and lenses) when you're transporting it from one place to another.
  • Professional Liability Insurance (Errors and Omissions Insurance) steps in when you're sued over professional negligence or breaches of contract. It can cover courts costs, settlements or judgments, and attorney fees.
  • Business Owner's Policies bundle multiple business insurance policies together — a convenient and affordable option for qualifying businesses.
  • Workers' Compensation Insurance covers medical expenses and other costs related to employee work injuries. Your state may require that you carry this policy.
  • Umbrella / Excess Liability Insurance offers supplemental coverage when certain liability policies reach their limits.
  • Cyber Liability Insurance protects against data loss, including lost or damaged memory cards and cyber security breaches.
  • Commercial Auto Insurance is for those who drive to and from photo shoots or other work tasks, as personal auto policies might exclude work driving.

Get Coverage for Your Photography or Video Production Business Today

Need coverage quick? Complete an online application for small business insurance quotes, or contact one of our photography insurance specialists to discuss your insurance needs.

Customer Rating 4.9 out of 5
Read Customer Reviews

Grab-n-Go Information

Don't Shoot in the Dark - A Risk Management Guide for Photographers and Videographers
Browse eBook
Sample certificates
See a sample Certificate of Liability Insurance, the proof of coverage you need for most contracts.
View Sample
Sample Quotes & Cost Estimates
See what insurance really costs: actual quotes by policy & specialty.
Get Estimates
Ask A Question
Submit your questions about small business insurance and get answers from our experts.
Read Answers